HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 HUS724020ALS640 is the world’s first 2TB 7200 RPM hard drive. Ultrastar 7K4000 represents the sixth-generation HGST 5-platter design, which has been field proven by top server and storage OEMs and Internet giants. Engineered for the highest quality, the Ultrastar 7K4000 is put through grueling design tests during development and must pass stringent ongoing reliability testing during manufacturing. Ultrastar 7K4000 delivers by reducing downtime, eliminating service calls and minimizing TCO.
Increasing Capacity Density by One Third
HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 0B26887 To deal with the explosive petabyte (PB) growth, data centers require large amounts of efficient storage. Reducing W/GB without expanding floor space is vital to lowering operating costs. To meet these demands, Ultrastar 7K4000 delivers 33% more capacity in the same footprint at 24% lower W/GB than its predecessor, Ultrastar 7K3000. Now you can get 2.4PB in the footprint of a standard 19-inch enterprise storage rack by stacking ten 4U, 60-bay enclosures. Ultrastar 7K4000 dual port SAS is available in traditional 512, 520 and 528 byte sector size. Ultrastar 7K4000 SATA is an Advanced Format drive, using 4096-byte sector size to provide enormous capacity earlier than otherwise possible for environments optimized for this technology. Advanced Format drives are backwards compatible with legacy 512-byte sector size by offering built-in 512-byte emulation through the SATA interface.
Combining 7200 RPM Performance and Granular Power Control
HUS724020ALS640 Operating at 7200 RPM, Ultrastar 7K4000 offers better overall performance than slower RPM capacity-oriented drives, and does so at impressively low power-consumption rates. The Ultrastar 7K4000 can help data centers achieve lower AC power and HVAC requirements. With five Advanced Power Management modes, the 7K4000 achieves a 59% reduction in watts during low RPM idle mode, and uses less than 2W during standby/sleep modes, freeing up precious headroom for growing enterprise needs.
Innovating for a More Sustainable Environment
The Ultrastar 7K4000, with its halogen-free design and power-efficient operation, minimizes environmental impact in the areas of product design, manufacturing, operation and disposal.
HGST Quality and Service
HGST’s Ultrastar 7K4000 HUS724020ALS640 extends the company’s longstanding tradition of performance and capacity leadership. The proven drive design enables high reliability and availability to customer data. Ultrastar quality, performance and world class technical support and service provides customers with a lower total cost of ownership over previous generations.
HGST drives are backed by an array of technical support and services, which may include customer and integration assistance. HGST is dedicated to providing a complete portfolio of HDD/SSD solutions to satisfy today’s monumental computing needs.
- Advanced Format technology
- Dual Stage Actuator (DSA)
- Enhanced Availability (EA) for 24x7 access to data
- Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS)
- Thermal Flyheight Control (TFC)
- Up to 4 terabytes2 of capacity
- SATA 6Gb/s and SAS 6Gb/s models for configuration flexibility
- Dual Stage Actuator (DSA) and Enhanced Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) for robust performance in multi-drive environments
- Cloud storage
- Massive Scale Out (MSO)
- Data warehousing & mining
- Disk-to-disk backup & archiving
- RAID arrays
- Network Attached Storage (NAS)
WE SHIP TO THE Continental USA ONLY! WE DO NOT SHIP TO APOs, PUERTO RICO OR CANADA! We do NOT ship Internationally!
- WE SHIP TO THE CONFIRMED address in all payment forms, including credit cards. If you ask to have the product shipped to an address other than your billing address we will send you an email that you must respond to, confirming that you want the product sent to the “Ship to” address.
- We do not ship on weekends or holidays.
- FedEx shipments are provided with a tracking number and may require a signature if shipment is over $250.00.
- We do NOT require a signature on shipments under $250.00 so items will be left at door by FedEx.
- USPS shipments are provided with a delivery confirmation number, these are not tracking numbers.
- Once an item is marked delivered by USPS we do not refund or reship items.
- We reserve to the right to upgrade the customers shipping, when necessary at our own expense.
- We are not responsible for mis-delivery errors via carrier, or shipping tracking info.
Standard Shipping: 4 – 12 Business Days
Expedited Shipping: 3 – 6 Business Days
Order Processing Times
- We ship items Monday through Friday, we do not ship on weekends or holidays.
- Standard Order Processing time: 1-3 Business Days from date of cleared payment your item should leave our warehouse.
- Estimated Order Transit time: 2-10 Business Days from shipment date.
Standard Shipping Service
- USPS First Class Package Service – Flat Shipping Rate of $6.00, Insurance up to $50.00 of product value is included
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.