HGST Ultrastar 3.5" Internal Hard Drive 450GB 15000rpm 16MB SAS, HUS154545VLS300
Ultimate performance meets high capacity
Hitachi’s next-generation 3.5-inch 15,000 RPM enterprise-class hard drive delivers the performance and reliability required in mission-critical non-stop computing environments. Built upon the mature system architecture and electronics of the prior generation, the Ultrastar™ 15K450 provides a spacious 450GB capacity, 16MB cache and a choice of Serial Attached SCSI (SAS) 3Gb/s or Fibre Channel Arbitrated Loop (FCAL) 4Gb/s interfaces. These features make the Ultrastar 15K450 the ideal solution for demanding enterprise computing environments like online transaction processing, intensive data analysis, and multi-user applications. The mature design of Ultrastar 15K450 helps ensure a shorter qualification time.
Highest reliability for demanding environments
Important reliability features come standard in the Ultrastar 15K450. Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) technology ensures drive performance in multi-drive systems where rotational vibration is likely to occur. Hitachi-patented Thermal Fly-height Control (TFC) technology maintains a consistent fly-height during the read/write process ensuring a better soft error rate, while end-to-end data protection enhances error detection for optimal data integrity. Finally, Hitachi offers the only enterprise-class hard drive utilizing a head load/unload ramp to help minimize drive failures as a result of handling during integration.
Proven PMR technology
The Ultrastar 15K450 is the first enterprise-class drive from Hitachi to use Perpendicular Magnetic Recording (PMR) technology. PMR has already been in use across the company’s mobile and desktop product lines and has been proven ready for the demanding mission-critical server and storage applications in the enterprise environment.
All SAS compatible servers including:
Dell PowerEdge 1900, 1950, 2900, 2950, 6900, 6950. PowerVault MD1000 and MD3000.
|Device Type Hard drive||Internal hard drive|
|Form Factor||3.5" x 1/3H|
|Interface Type||Serial Attached SCSI|
|Buffer Size||16 MB|
|Drive Transfer Rate||300 MBps|
|Internal Data Rate||261 MBps|
|Seek Time||3.6 ms (average) / 3.6 ms (max)|
|Average Latency||2 ms|
|Spindle Speed||15000 rpm|
|Storage Hard Drive / Non-Recoverable Errors||1 per 10^16|
|Start / Stop Cycles||50,000|
|Expansion / Connectivity|
|Compatible Bays||1 x Internal - 3.5" x 1/3H|
|Vibration Tolerance||1.2 g @ RMS (random) (operating) / 1.04 g @ RMS (random) (non-operating)|
|Shock Tolerance||30 g @ 2ms half-sine pulse (operating) / 250 g @ 2ms half-sine pulse (non-operating)|
|Miscellaneous||Microsoft Certifications Works with Windows Vista|
|Compliant Standards RoHS|
WE SHIP TO THE Continental USA ONLY! WE DO NOT SHIP TO APOs, PUERTO RICO OR CANADA! We do NOT ship Internationally!
- WE SHIP TO THE CONFIRMED address in all payment forms, including credit cards. If you ask to have the product shipped to an address other than your billing address we will send you an email that you must respond to, confirming that you want the product sent to the “Ship to” address.
- We do not ship on weekends or holidays.
- FedEx shipments are provided with a tracking number and may require a signature if shipment is over $250.00.
- We do NOT require a signature on shipments under $250.00 so items will be left at door by FedEx.
- USPS shipments are provided with a delivery confirmation number, these are not tracking numbers.
- Once an item is marked delivered by USPS we do not refund or reship items.
- We reserve to the right to upgrade the customers shipping, when necessary at our own expense.
- We are not responsible for mis-delivery errors via carrier, or shipping tracking info.
Standard Shipping: 4 – 12 Business Days
Expedited Shipping: 3 – 6 Business Days
Order Processing Times
- We ship items Monday through Friday, we do not ship on weekends or holidays.
- Standard Order Processing time: 1-3 Business Days from date of cleared payment your item should leave our warehouse.
- Estimated Order Transit time: 2-10 Business Days from shipment date.
Standard Shipping Service
- USPS First Class Package Service – Flat Shipping Rate of $6.00, Insurance up to $50.00 of product value is included
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.