Doubling The Capacity Density
As data center professionals across the globe work to meet growing enterprise needs, they face the dilemma of storing more data in the same footprint while also reducing power and HVAC consumption. The Hitachi Ultrastar HUA722050CLA330 provides twice the data storage capacity of the prior generation Ultrastar A7K1000 drive, and does so using fewer watts. It is now possible to achieve a colossal 1.2 petabytes (PB) in the footprint of a standard 19-inch enterprise storage rack by deploying the 2TB A7K2000 in a stack of ten 4U, 60-bay enclosures.
Combining 7200 Rpm Performance And Granular Power Control
Operating at 7200 RPM, the Hitachi Ultrastar A7K2000 offers better overall performance than slower-RPM, capacity-oriented drives at impressively low power-consumption rates. When compared to the previous generation Ultrastar A7K1000, the A7K2000 offers up to a 155% improvement in sustained data transfer rate, and a 120% improvement in watts-per-GB. With five Advanced Power Management modes, a 36% reduction in watts during low-RPM idle mode, and using less than 1W during standby/sleep mode, the Ultrastar A7K2000 can help data centers achieve lower AC power and HVAC requirements, freeing up precious headroom for growing enterprise needs.
Enhancing Data Safety And Security
To ensure the utmost in data safety and security, the Ultrastar A7K2000 is also available with a bulk data encryption (BDE) option. When enabled, the Hitachi BDE implementation encrypts all data on the drive using a private security key as it is written to the disk, and then decrypts it with the key as it is retrieved, giving users an extreme level of data protection. Unlike software-based encryption solutions, the Hitachi HUA722050CLA330 BDE implementation is hardware-based, so it doesn’t slow the system down. This technology also speeds up and simplifies the drive re-deployment and decommissioning process. By deleting the encryption key, the data is rendered unreadable, thereby eliminating the need for timeconsuming, multi-pattern data overwrite.
Delivering Industry-Leading Reliability
With a robust fourth-generation mechanical design, Ultrastar A7K2000 is specifically built and tested for the enterprise. The Ultrastar SATA drive family features Hitachi-patented Rotational Vibration Safeguard (RVS) sensor technology, which optimizes drive reliability in multi-drive RAID arrays and rack-mounted systems. Backed by a five-year warranty, the Ultrastar platform has earned Hitachi a reputation among server and storage vendors as a global partner dedicated to delivering the highest quality and reliability in the industry.
Innovation for a more sustainable environment
The Ultrastar A7K2000 demonstrates Hitachi ecological leadership with its halogen-free design and power-efficient operation. Both these features serve to qualify the drive for the Hitachi HUA722050CLA330 EcoTrac classification, which identifies products that minimize environmental impact in the areas of product design, manufacturing, operation and disposal.
This drive is compatible with all laptops that use SATA hard drives.
WE SHIP TO THE Continental USA ONLY! WE DO NOT SHIP TO APOs, PUERTO RICO OR CANADA! We do NOT ship Internationally!
- WE SHIP TO THE CONFIRMED address in all payment forms, including credit cards. If you ask to have the product shipped to an address other than your billing address we will send you an email that you must respond to, confirming that you want the product sent to the “Ship to” address.
- We do not ship on weekends or holidays.
- FedEx shipments are provided with a tracking number and may require a signature if shipment is over $250.00.
- We do NOT require a signature on shipments under $250.00 so items will be left at door by FedEx.
- USPS shipments are provided with a delivery confirmation number, these are not tracking numbers.
- Once an item is marked delivered by USPS we do not refund or reship items.
- We reserve to the right to upgrade the customers shipping, when necessary at our own expense.
- We are not responsible for mis-delivery errors via carrier, or shipping tracking info.
Standard Shipping: 4 – 12 Business Days
Expedited Shipping: 3 – 6 Business Days
Order Processing Times
- We ship items Monday through Friday, we do not ship on weekends or holidays.
- Standard Order Processing time: 1-3 Business Days from date of cleared payment your item should leave our warehouse.
- Estimated Order Transit time: 2-10 Business Days from shipment date.
Standard Shipping Service
- USPS First Class Package Service – Flat Shipping Rate of $6.00, Insurance up to $50.00 of product value is included
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.